Please Note

All the content in this blog, both text and photos are mine, unless specified. Please do not copy, re publish, alter pictures from this blog for commercial purposes. If you're using my pictures or tutorials,please link back and give credit.

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Back in action with BE Bullion sampler

Hi everyone!!!

Loooooooooooonnnnnnnnng time!!! Thanks to all who put in there best wishes for the workshop . And thanks to all the silent readers..I know your good wishes too are there with me..ain't so,ladies?

Yes, the workshop went well. The participants learned quite a few things and got frustrated with rayon threads :) They were so used to cotton yarn that they were yanking and pulling the BE threads just as they do with the others.The number was less-due to many cancellations since it was vacation time - but I don't think I could've managed a large number of people. Lesser the number, better one can teach and better they learn. But by the end of it I was sort of saturated with BE and didn't want to do it for some time - infact didn't want to touch needle and thread at all. Hence this gap in posting.Hope that explains :)

A couple of days back I took up my needle and thread to finish of the bullion sampler Iam working on . I added a few more flowers to it. Here it is -

French hydrangea and wisteria(right side). I made a wrong choice of thread for the wisteria .It looks kinda heavy. Should've gone for fine thread .

April flower


Here's the long shot.
Looking at the pic now , I think a couple more flowers could be added.Let me see what more can I come up with. Here's the pic of the other side .

Hope you enjoyed my return ;)
Love,luck and sunshine,
Deepa



5 comments:

Make the Impossible...Possible said...

It's been long time since u've posted ...hope ur BE classes went on great...

I loved the april flower very much..and the wisteria!!! u r good at these....Keep rocking

Heather said...

Deepa, this is lovely.... sometimes it just helps to take a break, clears the mind and rejuvinates the soul!

craftirn said...

I was in that same group and since she only gave the trunk and some leaves, I don't see why the flowers can't be shown--you "made them up". Great job, I too have taken mine out to finish. I jsut may use your ideas!
Barb

bushra said...

HI Deepa

My name is Bushra ... i just visit ur site and i m love in it.

i wana make an april flower. plz have u any tutorial.. which stitch u used in making of this flower.. plz plz send me tutorial. i want to learn..

regard

Bushra Kiran

Deepa said...

Sorry Bushra,I donot have tutorial for this.I can tell you the stitches - blanket stitch filling and then detached blanket stitch on top of it.