Flowers and more..


Some of you may remember that quite a while back I had reviewed Diana Lampe's Embroidery for all Seasons . You can read the review here.
At that time I had hoped that I would be stitching something from it soon. And Iam still waiting that glorious moment when I'll stitch up atleast one complete project from that book.
Since a complete project may take some while, I decided to attempt some of the flowers from the sampler.

 I tried the Achillea 'Cerise Queen',and Agapanthus(both green and blue).Several french knots,bullions and fly stitches here.Since I've not used rayon threads,these cannot be Brazilian embroidery. We can call them dimensional embroidery though.

And then added tiny flowers
Alyssum(violet and white) and Autumn Crocus(yellow).More french knots and lazy daisies.

By the way, did you notice? -All flowers start with the letter A :) 
 
Meri of agulhas da Meri had generously gifted me a Viana embroidery magazine .This pattern is from there.Viana embroidery is usually stitched with red or blue perl 8 thread in  Linen/cotton. That's why the red color for the alphabets :) Thanks once again Meri..those books are precious to me.
 
Then my daughter contributed. She drew someone and I stitched him :)

Hola..Iam an ant (just in case you think otherwise)

Hope you enjoyed today's alphabet!
Love,luck and sunshine,
Deepa

Comments

  1. wow... these are perfect flowers... nice colors too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous flowers, Deepa! I like the ant too, it's cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful flowers deepa your stitching is lovely! and that little ant is cute, although my drive is plagued with them in the summer months and then I care not for them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How perfect -- the ant begins with A, too! That's cute.
    I just ordered some rayon threads, and I look forward to trying them.
    You've created a lovely garden with your dimensional embroidery. I think it's an A+!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your green agapanthus!
    I would like to call them dreadlock plants ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. great job!
    in awe with those perfectly formed bullions

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful flowers - and bullions, but have to say how much I do love your ant!

    ReplyDelete
  8. :) So glad!!!
    I have been so busy and few time to visit my dear friends! Hope you are feeling much better.
    I think after next weekend I slow down but... who knows

    ReplyDelete
  9. You flowers are beautiful, they look so real!

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a cheerful garden you've planted!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love this small garden and the small 'Ant'

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this blog! I'm so glad to have stumbled across it. You do such amazing work.

    I was trying to search for the Viana magazine you mentioned that you used for the letter A, but I can't find it anywhere. I love the design of that letter and would like to see the other letters. Do you know where I could get another copy of that magazine?

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Seth,
    Since I received it as a gift,Iam actually not sure where to get it from.I'll have a look around and let you know as soon as posssible.

    Deepa

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment