Playing around with herringbone stitch

I am fascinated with herringbone stitch - it is so versatile.It serves you well as a filling stitch.

This was one of the patterns I embroidered on my bedlinen.

In India, herringbone stitch is an integral part of embroidery - especially kutch work.

You can do shadow work too with herringbone. This is the front and back of a shadow worked flower.

And even play around with it to make this
The body,wings ,head and antennae all are stitched with herringbone :)

update:
Played with sequins and herringbone...

Liked this one the most

If you want to see what more you can do with herringbone stitch just visit Sharon's TAST !!
Enjoy,
Love,luck and sunshine,
Deepa

Comments

  1. ha ha ha ' thumbi' looks great...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deepa,
    Those flowers are gorgeous! My mom used to do so much of embroidery, wish I had learned it from her!
    Thanks for sharing your art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those herringbone flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your herringbone examples are really good Deepa, I love the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way you have incorporated the sequins, and your flowers are beautiful, too.
    Isn't TAST fun?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Deepa... I like your flowers, they are beautiful and their color as well.I do a lot of embroidery but I do not use that stitch very often.Thanks for showing it.
    Laurette

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks. It's full of ideas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the ones with Sequins!!!!!And it is a BIG YES for a question to left on my blog.....lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so happy to have found your blog. Your work is lovely and I've become a "follower." I look forward to seeing more of your wonderful stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really awesome work.I'm really inspired by your work :)

    Golden Stitch

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment