Roses with rose stitch,chainstitch and blanket stitch

I've been playing around with roses!! Roses with chain stitch, roses with stem stitch and roses with blanket stitch - all methods are very simple and could be used for enhancing the beauty of your work. The idea came from here .

Here is a step by step of one method.

Roses with Chain stitch:

Step 1 : Come up at a point A


Step 2 : Go down at point B,close to A .Don't pull the thread tight,form a small loop. See the pic below.

Step 3: Make two more loops like the first one - from a point close to B to C and from a point close to C to D.

Step 4 : Make a small back stitch near D to tack down the loops.You'll be coming up near the point A.

Step 5: Stitch around the loops with small chain stitches. The stitches should NOT be pulled tight.Leave them a little loose.

Step 6: Go around as many times required.

Step 7: The last stitch should be placed/hidden under the petals.



Here's the completed rose.


Touched up with green;)

Roses with stem stitch : Rose Stitch

Repeat the first 4 steps and stitch around the loops with loose stem stitches.Voila!! you've a pretty little rose!!!




Rose with blanket stitch :

You can find the tutorial for the blanket stitched rose here

Finally, a word about the Brazilian embroidery course :

The online Brazilian embroidery course which I run uses the above method (photo tutorial) to explain individual stitches. The stitches taught in the course are the very basic beginner stitches. The BDEIG site does provide the free instructions for learning these -My course would be helpful to those who need a little more help in executing those instructions . If you are interested, email me for the course contents and the fee.
That's it for the time being.

Hope you'll enjoy stitching the roses as much I did.

Love,luck and sunshine,

Deepa

Comments

  1. I love your red roses! So simple and so beautiful-
    Indeed I'm loving all your work the last post you have written are precious - thanks very much for sharing, Deepa!
    (i hope to come back soon to my blog...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello deepa,
    The bullion rose stitch bullied me till 2am and went to bed with a victory smile.I too can get the winding perfec...t.Daughter approved it!Very soon will post a sample of the stitch in Babys clothes as my niece is expecting in 2 weeks.To the point..Todays Rose.Can i give it a try?New to blogging check my web;-
    http://jayashree-craftingdreams.blogspot.com/
    May be my trial and error will be there as a beginner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Deepa,
    Excellant roses, I'm going to try it out right away and stitch them on my daughter's dresses. Thank you very much deepa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Deepa,
    Wow - You are so talented! Your work is lovely!

    I am so glad that you stopped by to say hi! Thanks for the sweet comment you left about my granddaughter's Alphabet book that I am working on.
    I look forward to reading more of your interesting blog -
    You have got me itching to try these new stitches on something.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Blessings,
    Kymber

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deepa,

    Just stumbled upon your blog while I was searching for embroidery works. Good one. Simple stitches results in authentic and rich patterns and designs.Great works.

    Sumy Sunil
    www.sumysunil.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Deepa, I am glad I stumbled upon your blog. I will use your blanket stitch rose idea to finish the centres in my daisies. Once finish I'll send you a pic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for taking the time to make and post this tutorial ! Lovely roses !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty cool blog you've got here. Thanks for it. I like such topics and anything that is connected to this matter. I definitely want to read a bit more soon.

    Avril Simpson

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved the roses.
    I have lived in Brasil and I know Brasilians are really very talented and take so much interest in all kinds of art.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have just found these roses and think they are lovely do you mind if I use the design sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really loved the roses and excited to try them.but i am new to bangalore not quite sure where I can find the materials and different threads .It would be grat if you can just guide me .

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anakshi,
    It depends on your location.Generally speaking Raja Market,commercial street are good places to look for sewing and embroidery stuff. You may also have some local shops in the area you reside.

    ReplyDelete
  13. In rose stitch 2nd step is not very clear.
    Wouldvyou pleasr clarify. Rose stitch is very preety and i love making one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Alka,

    The second step is the same as that shown in the picture.A loop should be made by not pulling the thread tight.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Came here from http://dmc-threads.com/rose/

    Love the roses, Deepa. I'm embroidering some baby clothes for friends and looking for simple motifs. Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment