Pachis work,Indian Embroidery-A variation

Here's another variation for Pachis work lovers... For those who missed the previous Pachis work post,here's the link



I've used variegated anchor pearl cotton thread hence the double color. The center cross is purposely stitched outside- you can vary it any way you want to- stitch it within ,outside (as I have) or make it longer so that it meets the corners - and oh yes, you could use another color for it too.
I've been quite busy at the home front to make a photo tutorial. But I could help you with the sequence for the basic Pachis block. Vary it according to your design requirements.Here's the sequence .The center cross is not included.

Stitch it in the following order - Follow the blue line to the top,come down with the green line,then back up with brown and down with the peach (isn't it peach?) .Stitch the cross in the centre for each square. and repeat for the horizontal bar .The centre cross is not included in the sequence shown below.




Comments

  1. Thank you for this tutorial! I had never heard of this stitch and now I have to try it. Hope you don't mind that I printed it out for future reference.
    Cheers
    Mary Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Deepa! And great instructions, as always. I've scheduled a link to your post to go live on my blog tomorrow morning (Central USA time), August 28. Thank you so much for sharing this tute on line!

    Denise
    http://needlework.craftgossip.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. your instructions are so easy to understand. my mother and me were trying chemanthi work. if it comes out well, i will show it to you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment