Please Note

All the content in this blog, both text and photos are mine, unless specified. Please do not copy, re publish, alter pictures from this blog for commercial purposes. If you're using my pictures or tutorials,please link back and give credit.

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Practising Roses-Brazilian Embroidery

Have been practising bullions again. And obviously I never practice with Edmar threads. They are way too valuable to be doodled with.

These are bullion roses stitched with Anchor Pearl cotton no. 8 .I've done rolled roses before for Ellens Basket. So ,why am I doing it again ? Coz I need to stitch one for the BE mystery project and I want to make sure that my bullions are getting stitched up alright. These roses are very simple to stitch. Does anybody need the instructions for these? Leave a comment and maybe I could mail it to you.

Love,Luck and Sunshine,

Deepa

6 comments:

Hannita said...

I just bought an old table scarf that used that technique for a girls hair. It's charming but don't remember ever noticing it before.

Patty said...

It's very pretty!

Pintoo said...

nice to meet u too.. looks like you have interests in embroidery. stitching and myself do not go well. i struggle to mend even a button :D. ur works are pretty. keep doing.

Patty said...

Hi, Deepa! I couldn't find your email address to answer you. Yes, the email address in my profile is valid. :) Thanks in advance for the instructions!

sapna said...

can u please tell me how u have done rolled roses.

Deepa said...

I've used bullion stitch,sapna.