Please Note

All the content in this blog, both text and photos are mine, unless specified. Please do not copy, re publish, alter pictures from this blog for commercial purposes. If you're using my pictures or tutorials,please link back and give credit.

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

A deadline met


For the past couple of weeks I had been racing against time to finish the documentation of a software project I had taken up as a freelance technical writer.Today was the meeting and discussion with my project manager and I'm glad to say that I've passed the first test.Now I need to make some changes he suggested and wait for him to upgrade the software to a newer version so as to update the document accordingly.
Though I had been teaching computer science for the past 7 years and guiding students on projects,I never had any hands on experience with software development and that was a drawback.But now,when I work in tandem with software developers in documenting their work (to put it simply,writing a help/tutorial to use the software) I feel a sense of satisfaction.All those years away from the industry have not taken its toll.I am still good enough.Did I hear someone say, "Those who can -do,those who cannot,teach"!!! Let him come to me,I'll teach him a thing or two :-))
Anyways,after so many late nights(most would go on until early morning 2 or 3) Iam taking it easy for a couple of days..phew!!!

No comments: