...and she starts stitching again...

Hi everyone,
How have you all been?

After almost a year, my stitchy journey begins again with a kit from Anchor which I had reviewed long back.This one is a free style doily named as Pretty safe (why?...don't ask me).


It's been so long since I picked up needle & thread ; I badly wanted to stitch  - and this kit was available ready made - that made my job easier. I have started with the leftmost bunch of lavender flowers.I am planning to change the colors a bit, since they appear too dull to me.

Life still remains busy - I've started working in a software firm and write for them, teaching is still there on and off, my P.hD research has just started -  but I've decided and I am trying to not let everything else eat up my hobby.
Above all,my younger brother is getting married  in two days time.My sis-in-law is from Gujarat and so we are traveling to Ahmedabad in the wee hours tomorrow. The marriage is going to be in Gujarati tradition which is totally alien to us .I belong to the state of Kerala, and our marriage is a five minute affair whereas in Gujarat, it goes on for two to three days- so there is excitement,anticipation and a li'l bit of nervousness of not knowing what we are going to face [smile].
Will update you all on how things went and may be show you some pics of  the Indian wedding and the rituals. Till then...

Love,luck and sunshine,
Deepa



Comments

  1. It's so good to see you blogging again. Enjoy the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wellcome back, Deepa! Hope you are well. Good luck for the new couple.
    Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Must feel so good to get needle and thread back in your hands. Hope all goes well with the wedding, and that you manage to get a little stitching time into your busy schedule

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see you back Deepa, and that you're finding time in your busy life to stitch again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back! All of us need a break now and then. The wedding is going to be a fun affair, so enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so good to see you back blogging and stitching too! Have a wonderful time at your brother`s wedding, a good celebration and so nice to catch up with all your family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back Deepa . You have been missed. Enjoy the wedding it sounds like it will be very festive.
    It is good to see your lovely embroidery again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Dear...good to see you..i thoroughly enjoyed embroidering this kit..thanks to you for it..:)..hope u have a great time completing it as well...<3 <3 <3

    Love
    Anu

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment